The audio on the Wainwright's Walks Podcast CD is stored in an MP3 format. This can be readily copied to and played on most (if not all) MP3 players. However, you may wish to listen to this is a normal compact disc. This is a guide as to how to make the conversion.
If you have an Apple Mac
running OS X
This guide was written using 10.5.5 but should work for earlier OS X versions (for PC instructions please follow the page further down)
1) Insert the CD in to the computer. A CD icon should appear on the desktop called, "Wainwright's Walks"
2) Load iTunes
3) In the iTunes menu bar click File - Add to Library
4) In the navigation box the 'Wainwright's Walks' CD should have appeared. Click on this.
5) The contents of the CD should appear. There are eight files. Click on the 'Open' button on the bottom right of the window. iTunes will import the files to its library.
6) When the import is finished click on File - New Playlist and call it Wainwright.
7) Now click on the Music bar on the left-hand panel and then type Wainwright.
8) Assuming you haven't got lots of other tracks with Wainwright in the name somewhere you should see the eight tracks you have just imported. Highlight the tracks. There are lots of ways of doing this. Click the top track then hold downs hift and click the bottom track. They should now all be highlighted.
9) Hold down ctrl and click the highlighted tracks and you should see the following menu. Click Add to Playlist - Wainwright.
10) The Wainwright tracks should appear on their own in a playlist. Now click File - Library - Burn Playlist to Disc. The window should look like this:
11) Click Burn. The computer will eject the Wainwright's Walks CD and you will need to insert a blank CD. Follow the rest of the iTunes instructions for burning the CD.
If you have a PC
1) Insert the Wainwright's Walks CD in to the computer. If you get a window similar to the one shown below press cancel. Now load iTunes.
2) Click File - Add Folder to Library
3) In the navigation window that pops up click on the Wainwright's Walks CD (The name has been contracted on the display). Then press OK.
4) iTunes will import the files. When it has finished create a new playlist by clicking File - New Playlist.
5) In the Playlist name box type Wainwright.
6) Highlight the music bar on the left side of the window and type Wainwright in the search bar, as shown below. Assuming that you don't have lots of files with the word Wainwright in them then you should see the eight podcasts that you have just imported.
7) Highlight all of the podcasts by clicking on the top one, then holding down shift and clicking on the last one. Then right click. In the menu that appears click Add to Playlist - Wainwright.
8) Then click File - Library - Burn Playlist to Disc. The Wainwright Podcasts CD will be ejected and you will be asked to insert a blank CD.
9) The CD burning menu will look like this. When you have inserted the blank CD, click on Burn.
10) The computer will make an audio CD.